Well No. 1 has been put back into service, therefore, the District is able to move from Stage 3 to Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan. In this stage, it is Mandatory that residents reduce water consumption whenever possible. The following water use restrictions shall apply to all customers and violators shall be subject to the surcharges set forth in Section XI of the District's Drought Contingency Plan:
- Irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems shall be limited to between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) set forth below and 3:00 a.m. on the following day(s):
- Mondays and Wednesdays for customers with an even numbered address (addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8),
- Tuesdays and Thursdays for customers with an odd numbered address (addresses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9), and
- **Mondays and Wednesdays** for customers responsible for watering common areas.
However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at any time if it is by means of a hand-held hose equipped with a functioning positive shut-off device, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 3:00 a.m. on the following day(s).
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any aesthetic water use is prohibited except between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 3:00 a.m. on the following day(s). This includes water used for ornamental, decorative or recreational purposes such as fountain, amenity lakes, reflecting pools, swimming pools, hot tubs and water gardens.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except that use of water from designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from the District.
- Use of water for the irrigation of golf course greens, tees, and fairways is prohibited except between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 3:00 a.m. on the following day(s). However, if the golf course utilizes a water source for irrigation other than that provided by the District's potable water supply system, the golf course shall not be subject to this restriction.
- All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to their patrons except when requested.
- To the extent not otherwise provided above, all other water uses that are not essential nor required for the protection of public, health, safety, and welfare are prohibited.
For a complete copy of the District’s Drought Contingency Plan, please see the link below.
Ensure that you have the most recent information as it relates to FBMUD 34 by signing up for the District Alert System, and receive communication through text and email updates. Additionally, the District website will be updated, as needed, with information regarding droughts, weather and storm warnings, flood risks, and any to facilities or drainage as a result of weather.
Did you find this article helpful? Your neighbors and friends might too. Spread the news via the share button at the top of this article to Facebook, Twitter & Nextdoor!